News8Plus-Realtime Updates On Breaking News & Headlines

Realtime Updates On Breaking News & Headlines

Covid-19 Vaccination: Vaccination for all people above 18 years will be free across the country from today, so much will be spent for one dose in a private hospital?

Internet desk. Free vaccine is being provided by the central government to all citizens above the age of 18 years in every state of the country from today i.e. from Monday. The central government itself will buy 75 percent of the vaccine production and will give it to the state governments free of cost. The rest 25 per cent of the vaccine can be procured by private hospitals directly from the manufacturers. All the companies have fixed the price of the vaccine. Private hospitals will be able to charge their customers a maximum service charge of Rs 150 for a single dose.

Based on media reports, citing data, the Ministry clarified that more than 3,06,34,638 COVID vaccine doses are still available with the States and UTs. In addition, more than 24,53,080 vaccine doses are in the pipeline and will be received by the states and union territories within the next three days.

It is worth noting that till May 1, the center was procuring 50 percent of the vaccine produced under the new revised guidelines. At the same time, the state government and private hospitals were given the right to buy the remaining 50% directly from the vaccine companies.

.

If you have any concerns or complaints regarding this article, please let us know and the article will be removed soon. 

Raise A Concern