Job title: Software Engineer – Scala
Job Description: Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
Job Summary: We are looking for highly skilled Scala programmers / developers to work in Ciena’s NextGen NMS system i.e BluePlanet MCP. BluePlanet MCP is Ciena’s domain controller, automating lifecycle operations of Ciena’s packet and optical networks. Based on Microservices architecture, MCP helps network operators to Plan, provision, and turn up multi-layer services quickly using a highly intuitive interface. MCP marks a strategic shift from legacy network management software, enabling the transformation to open, scalable software control that easily integrates into network operators’ Billing and Operations Support Systems (B/OSS) and Orchestration layers using open REST APIs.
Roles and Responsibilities: As a software developer, you would be involved in the following
- Collaborate in an Agile scrum teams working on the Features for the management and control of Packet Optical Devices of Ciena’s product suite
- Understanding of requirements from Product Owners/Architects in areas of Packet Technologies like MPLS, G.8032, QinQ, Pseudo wires and implementing them in MCP using Java, Scala, Python
- Quick Prototyping using newer technologies and open source platforms in Web and NMS domains
- Create Automated Test Suites for executing test automation of your features
- Troubleshooting product issues found in System Integration Testing and Customer deployments.
- 6 – 8 years of Software Development Experience in Scala involving Web Technologies
- Working experience in Akka, Actor framework.
- Excellent understanding of Data Structures and Multi-threading concepts.
- Excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills.
- Excellent Written and Spoken communications skills.
- Exposure to Elastic Search and Cassandra databases
- Exposure to Apache Kafka stream processing platform
- Bachelors/Masters of Engineering in Computer Science
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job Post Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 06:43:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Best Laptops Under 40000 For WFH & Students
- Best Laptop Under 40000 – Life Digital Laptop 15.6-inch (39.62 cms) (Intel Core i3/4GB RAM/1TB HDD + 256GB SSD/Windows 10), ZED AIR CX3
- Best Laptop Under 40000 – (Renewed) Dell Latitude Laptop 3350 Intel Core i3 – 5005u Processor, 4 GB Ram & 128 GB ssd, Win10, 13.3 Inches Notebook Computer
- Best Laptop Under 40000 – HP 15 (2021) Thin & Light Ryzen 3-3250 Laptop, 8 GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 39.62 cms (15.6″) FHD Screen, Windows 10, MS Office (15s-gr0011AU)
- Best Laptop Under 40000 – Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 10th Gen Intel Core i3 14 inch (35.56 cms) Full HD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB/256GB SSD/Windows 10/MS Office 2019/Platinum Grey/1.6Kg), 81WD00TJIN
- Best Laptop Under 40000 – HP Chromebook 14a-na0003TU 14-inch (35.56 cms) Thin & Light Touchscreen Laptop (Intel N4020/4GB/64GB SSD + 256GB Expandable/Chrome OS/1.46 kgs Light), Mineral Silver
- Best Laptop Under 40000 – (Renewed) Lenovo IdeaPad B40-70 14-inch Laptop (Core i3/8GB RAM(Upgradable to 16)/512GB SSD/Windows 10 Pro/MS Office 2019/More than 4 GB Intel Integrated Graphics, Fingerprint Scanner), Black
- Best Laptop Under 40000 – HP 15 10th Gen Intel Core i3 15.6-inch FHD Alexa Built-in Laptop (i3-10110U/4GB/1TB HDD/Win 10/MX130 2GB Graphics/ MS Office/Jet Black/1.74kg), 15s-du2060TX