Kolkata: A stunning case has come to mild from Kolkata, West Bengal. Right here a 12-year-old boy by accident swallowed a plastic whistle. This whistle bought caught within the lungs of the harmless. Docs of Kolkata’s Authorities SSKM Hospital have operated and eliminated the CT from the lungs of the harmless. Regardless of having a whistle within the lungs, the harmless survived for 11 months.
Harmless swallowed the whistle by mistake
A health care provider from the Institute of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgical procedure at SSKM Hospital stated Rehan Laskar, a resident of Baruipur in South 24 Parganas district, by accident swallowed a plastic whistle whereas consuming potato chips in January. He informed that after swallowing the whistle, each time the harmless tried to open the mouth, the sound of whistling is heard. Initially, the mother and father of the kid didn’t understand the problem their little one was going by means of. Then the kid’s father seen that Rehan is not capable of keep below water for even a minute as earlier than. The kid had chest ache and had hassle respiratory. After this, Rehan’s kin took him to the Nationwide Medical Faculty Hospital, from the place he was referred to SSKM Hospital.
When the kid began having chest ache
Rehan’s father informed that when his son swallowed the whistle, he didn’t inform something to anybody in the home. Then later when he had chest ache, he informed about it at house. When he was not handled within the medical faculty, we took him to SSKM hospital. The physician stated that we did X-ray and CT scan of the kid, after which it was discovered that the CT was caught within the lungs of the kid. The kid was then operated upon. We did bronchoscopy after which took the CT out of the physique utilizing an optical forceps.
When you have any issues or complaints relating to this text, please tell us and the article will likely be eliminated quickly.